Thursday, May 01, 2008

Refocus

I weighed myself yesterday after not having done so in a while. It was 155. And then I proceeded to eat like a linebacker for the rest of the day. Granted, I am about to have my period, and feel like each breast weighs at least five pounds each, but still.

Eating like a linebacker was a bit of an exaggeration, but I really have not been focused on eating well lately, and the 3 lb weight creep is indicative. It's all about choices. Yesterday at lunch, instead of going for salad or sushi or something light, I went for spinach and mushroom quiche, a personal-sized one, which ended up having about a pound of feta cheese hidden in it. Didn't stop me from eating it though. All of it. At dinner, rather than picking the salad with ahi tuna, I went for the coal oven pizza. It seemed like a good choice, because I had pictured in my mind one of those small, uh, coal oven pizzas that don't actually have that much on them, because they're, uh, small, and kind of all about handmade, with not a lot in the way of topping. But what I got looked like they'd slid it out of the Domino's box and slapped some arugula on top. I was full after two pieces, but that did not stop me from eating another piece and a half. Then I was uncomfortably full. You'd think I would have learned by now, but it seems I never do.

I need to get serious about tracking again. I've made a couple of attempts, where I'll log breakfast and then let the rest slide, but really, I know where that road leads. I've been down it before. A few times now. It leads back into the 180's.

I have managed to put the cigarettes down, and it hasn't actually been too hard. The nicotine gum is helping, but even that I don't feel like I need that much and probably won't even have to buy anymore once the box is done that I bought last weekend.

So, today I will drink my water, which I've been bad about doing as well, opting instead for diet soda, and I will track my food. And at the business meeting today, I will not keep nibbling at all the nibblies they have around (market testing = bowls of candy in the back room behind the two-way mirror).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You're already ahead of the game by catching the gain at 3 pounds. As hard as it is to see the number slide back up, it's better to face it now than to wait until it hits double digits. Been there - done that.

Good luck with the tracking. I know how essential it is to success, and yet I have to FORCE myself to keep at it. Blah.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home