Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bleah

Weight this morning: 152.

That's lower than I've been in about 10 years. 

I'm in an eating funk these days. Nothing looks good. I've been doing a lot of reading about Buddhism, and just as when I was doing yoga regularly (which I really still want to get back to), I am finding myself squicked out by meat, poultry, and even fish, and I looooove sushi, but the thought of it right now turns my stomach. 

This means a lot of my go-tos for lunch are out of consideration until if and when my ickedoutness over meat, poultry and fish disappears or diminishes.

I stand in the places I usually go to pick up lunch and just think bleah.

This has forced me to go to some different places. I discovered a whole foodie deli near the office, and I had a good roasted red pepper hummus sandwich on wheat and fruit salad from there for lunch yesterday.

There is also a sort of fast-food type veggie place that serves veggie burgers and faux chicken nuggets and the like. I might give them a try next week.

I may also have to get over my inner rebellion against those salad bar places that mix the salad for you as you go down the line and pick what you want on there.

Or horror of horrors, I may just have to start--GASP--packing my own lunch!

Am going to be travelling for work this coming week, so won't be around much.

Wishing all a good weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

152?!?!?!? Rock on!

I hope this food aversion thing passes for you soon. It could get hard to keep finding wonderful things as you narrow your options. :)

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh girl!! Your comment on my blog cracked me up!! That is a great idea though, to give him his own cart. Only I think it would be best if he used the actual kiddie cart and NOT a big one. And the hubs has no idea that there are different varieties of potatoes. He thinks as long as they are mashed, they're all the same!

Have a safe trip!!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, and woohoo on the 152!! That's awesome!!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home