Monday, February 04, 2008

Week 2 Challenge

I wrote a few posts back that Erin from Zeneriffic and I are doing challenges, sort of whatever we think of for ourselves, to get us through Februrary.

I hate February, though this one seems so far (though it is early in the month) to not be the resounding suck that it usually is. I remain unconvinced that it will not become so.

Last week, the challenge I put to myself was to break out of my eating rut of always going for my "safe" foods, that is, foods that I know exactly the calorie count/fat grams and the like for, and push myself to eat more vegetables, since I usually get plenty of fruit.

I think I did a pretty good job on that one, and ended up eating mostly vegetarian over the past week except for some steamed prawns at a business lunch.

So, I consider that a success. It got me through another week of tracking and sticking to my plan. I am up a half pound right now. I had a slice of pizza yesterday, a good ol' New York cheese slice with some broccoli on it. I don't know what they do, but I'm always thirsty for days after indulging in one.

So for this week I have two goals. One is to substitute green tea or herbal tea for coffee during the day. I have taken to drinking gallons of coffee, and I know it is contributing to the poor sleep I've been having. So I can have one coffee a day, but otherwise, it's green tea or herbal tea. And no caffinated diet sodas either.

The other goal is to get to yoga twice. Because of work, I had to miss my usual Thursday yoga, so I only went once last week. I could have made up a session this weekend, but did not. I always feel better when I do yoga, so I'm going to make sure I go twice, even if that means going on Saturday or Sunday because of missing one from work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home