Monday, January 14, 2008

Hello, 160's

And hope not to know you for too much longer.

On Saturday morning, 168.5. I've bounced back and forth between that and 169, but I'm out of the 170's. So whee.

My next mini goal is to have lost 20, and that'll be when I hit 164.5, which I'd love to be able to do by the end of the month.

Eating has been fine. We were out with some friends last night and ate at a Mexican restaurant. I'd saved up for it, but still. Tried to order something that seemed reasonable, but then when it arrived it was covered in melted cheese. I ate it anyway, dammit. Where I did save myself was by not drinking (normally I'd have had at least one margarita) and only having one handful of chips (normally The Husband and I alone can empty at least two baskets before our food arrives).

Yoga tonight.

Still have not been able to get myself back to the gym. Am having a serious mental block. I have a painting class that starts up the last week of January; would be nice to work the gym back into my routine before that starts up. Maybe if I pick a class I want to go to at the gym rather than just planning to go do whatever, I might be more motivated. Haven't done a spinning class in a million years, but I did used to like it. That might be what gets me back in the gym.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo!!Congrats on the 160's!!! Keep up the good work!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, good for you! I think the spinning class idea sounds spot on, lure yourself in with something that is actually fun instead of drudgery. Can I ask if you are counting calories or just keeping an eye on your intake in general? Also I have never tried spinning and am somewhat afraid of it. Any words of advice for a novice?

1:06 PM  
Blogger LME said...

Heya Erin. I am counting calories and using sparkpeople to track fat/carbs/protein, though I don't really use them to track exercise. There is something inflexible/annoying about their exercise tracking software. Like they don't have any way to allow for yoga, for example.

I find that if I count calories/measure food, I stay on track and watch my portions. If I just try to keep an eye on my intake, I end up eating really big portions of even healthy things.

That's why intuitive eating didn't work for me.

Too much ingrained clean plate club and also a tendency to stress eat (inhale food until there is no more).

I really resisted counting, because initially, I hated doing it, but once I got into a routine, it's ok. Doing it online makes it about a million time easier than back in the day when I had my little paperback calorie book and paper notebook.

And about spinning. The first time you go, don't even think about cranking up the resistance. You will be busy enough dealing with all the squatting and up an down business you have to do while pedaling. I found that I adapted pretty quickly, though, and within a couple of weeks was cranking up the resistance really high.

One thing: yer sit bones are going to HURT after the first couple of times. That's the worst part. If you can stick it out through that, you'll be golden.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on being in the 160's you are so close to your 20 pound goal.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats!!! You are doing so great!!!! :)

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home