Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pillar of Salt

Still at 167. I blame that on salt.

I ended up eating restaurant food once on Saturday and twice in the same day on Sunday. Saturday it was sushi, and then Sunday I had an omelet and then later some Thai food. I did not eat a lot, and stayed within my calorie range (though it was high in my calorie range). Yesterday when I woke up and weighed myself I was up 2 lbs. It was gone this morning, of course, because I'd flushed all that sodium out with water and herbal tea.

Since I've been really looking hard at labels in the grocery store over the last month and a half, I've really been shocked at how much sodium is in foods. I picked up a carton of organic tomato soup, and it had something like 980 mg of sodium for one cup.

That's kee-ray-zee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I have found that some of the organic foods have less sodium in their canned products. But soup tends to be really high. Grrr.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home