Thursday, March 06, 2008

That Fear

Thanks for the congrats in the previous post, y'all.

Having this space to track ups and downs and just to know that there are other people out there going through the same thing helps.

There is that fear there this time, as I wrote, that I will gain it back. I think because I've lost and gained about the same amount a couple of times before. Never thought I'd gain it back when I lost it those times. In fact, I said, NEVER AGAIN. But I did. And it's because it does take focus. Maybe I've learned my lesson this time. Because I know that if I am not conscious of how many calories I'm eating, I will quickly become accustomed to eating twice as much as I really need. And then there I'll be, back in the 180's.

I keep seeing that 95% of people who lose weight gain it back.

Here's to being part of that 5% who doesn't.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Raises water bottle "Here, here"

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not from the South? You use *y'all* just like a true Belle!!

::gets misty-eyed with pride::

=)

1:30 PM  
Blogger LME said...

Jill, I grew up in the great state of Texas, went to college in Arkansas, and am married to someone from the Missouri Ozarks.

I say y'all all the time, and am still known twang a little, especially if I get mad or am around other Texans for more than about five minutes.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNEW IT!!!

I'll bet they luuuuv yer twang in NYC!!

I'm from Oklahoma and my best friend just recently took a job in Montana. She informed me that Yes, we do indeed have accents, as everyone there has pointed out to her!

My twang is not terribly noticable, unless I'm really tired.

And as far as gaining the weight back, I think you have learned your lesson this time. Now you KNOW how easy it is to slip back into old habits, so you'll be on guard when it happens. You are doing a fabulous job - keep it up! =)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home