Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Role Model

This morning: 170.5.

The 160's are so close.

I went to a yoga class at the Iyengar Center here in the city last night. I'd been to one before and liked it, but it was during a period last spring when I was sort of bouncing around and trying out different styles, trying to figure out which would work best for me. I've decided on Iyengar leading up maybe to Anusara, but we'll see. I still need to do some more Anusara, because I've only done one studio class in that; the others were at the gym, and I don't like yoga at the gym, because classes are too crowded and the instructor can't really keep an eye on everyone, plus there's a competitive edge to what people are doing there, because it is the gym, so I always feel like there is a huge potential to get seriously injured for those reasons.

Anyway, I'm getting off track here.

So the class last night was led by a woman who must have been in her 60's, which I thought was awesome. One of the reasons why I got in to yoga in the first place was that after I'd been home to visit my mother, who is about 60, and saw how stiff she was and slumped over, and I made the decision that I didn't want to be that sort of a physical mess when I was 60. I see all these spry little old ladies flitting around NYC, and I want to be like that when I'm old.

I really liked her instruction and style, so I'm going to sort of make that my for sure absolutely not to be missed class. And I'll keep going on Thursdays to the studio near work where they offer Iyengar.

Up for tomorrow is getting myself back to the gym and back on the C to 5K plan. I think I'm going to just repeat week 4 (if I can), which is where I left off before Christmas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Good for you! It's good to hear you so excited about getting back into yoga. :)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home