Thursday, January 03, 2008

Back on the Yoga Train

Today I'm hopping back on the yoga train, despite the fact that I have a feeling the studio will be pretty crowded with people just like me.

I have to wait around after work for awhile, because the class I'm taking, an Iyengar Level I class, doesn't start until 7:15. I've been finding, as I search around for classes, that many during the week are not geared to the working person. Who, I'd like to know, can slip out for two hours to take a class at 11:00 or at 3:00?

It's also been harder for me to settle on something, because while I'll do a Vinyasa class if that's all there is, my preference really is for Iyengar, which is more focused on form than flow, and Anusara, which is more flowing than Iyengar, yet still has a stronger focus on form and also has more of an emotional aspect to it than Iyengar. But most studios either only, or mostly, offer Vinyasa. Then there's the issue of having time to get there, get changed, and get settled before class.

If I can just get into a routine with something, I'll be much happier.

Here's hoping I like the class/instructor tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home