Monday, May 26, 2008

Too Old?

When I last had a conversation with my mother about a certain topic, a couple of years ago, she said, well, you're too old anyway.

That topic? Having a baby.

I will turn 41 in August. I've known for a couple of years that the clock is running out. But The Husband and I would say maybe, but not now, and think of a million excuses as to why it wasn't a good time to try.

We hadn't talked about it in over a year, because I changed jobs, and we were busy, and well, I could name a million other excuses.

But through a series of coincidences or incidents of kizmet, we got to talking about it again. And all the reasons why not don't seem like any kind of good reason any longer.

So I'm hoping that my mother is wrong, that my good old white trash family genes kick in, and that I'm not, indeed, too old to get pregnant.

We're trying. As of now. I stopped taking the pill. And for the time being, I'm not going to be focusing on trying to lose weight. That seems counter productive to the project under discussion. I'm going to try not to gain any until if and when we're successful. I'll still be around, and should we be successful, will definitely need support after the fact to get any baby weight back off, but won't be posting about non-existent weight loss attempts.

Wish this old lady some luck.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you much luck making this wish come true. Wee ones are a crazy amount of work, but so very worth it for the love you get back from them. :)

p.s.
have fun with all of the "trying"! :)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Debbi said...

I'm so very happy for you and your husband as you begin this new chapter in your lives. Having just come from visiting our new triplet grandsons, all I can say is babies are the best! (I'm not wishing triplets on you, though ...)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Fatinah said...

good luck old lady!

best wishes that your dreams come true

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck girl!!! And do you realize that when you tell people you are trying to have a baby, what you are really saying is, "we are having lots and lots of sex"???

Just something to think about! ;)

I'll be sending happy baby making vibes your way!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Best of luck! I am very happy for you and yours and am sending many positive thoughts your way.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Good luck!!! As someone else who won't be able to start trying to have kids for a few more years, when I'm in my late 30's, you have all of my good wishes.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Sending a bunch of good luck vibes your way!!!

How exciting for both you and your husband.

11:16 AM  
Blogger M@rla said...

Good luck baby! Give it all you got!

I am cracking up about your "white trash genes" :-)

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wishing you MEGA buckets of luck. I know exactly where you are coming from -- I'm 40 myself and single -- that is an even bigger obstacle to whether I will ever have children or not.

I do wonder if I do meet a man in the next few years, we would have to "get on with it" pretty quick if it was ever to happen.

At least you are in a relationship! Best wishes to you and your husband.

newbie blogger,
Sharon

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I had my first at 40 and we're trying for another at 42! It can happen and it is definitely worth the ride!

Best of luck :-)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home