Thursday, May 15, 2008

Belly Full of Brisket

It was The Mister's birthday yesterday and I took him out to one of our favorite places, Hill Country, which is pretty much just like a real Texas BBQ joint. They bring wood in from Lockhart, Texas, which is where the BBQ place is that Hill Country's based on. It is absolutely just as good as what I grew up with, and what I still have every time I go back to Texas to visit family.

Since I'm not drinking anymore, I had much more room for food, which was lean brisket, smoked sausage, mac and cheese made with sharp longhorn cheddar, green bean casserole, and for dessert, banana puddin'. I ate until I was full, and didn't eat like I have there before to the point of having a stomach ache.

It's the morning after now, and I do still feel full.

Don't regret it one bit, though I did avoid the scale this morning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loves me some banana puddin'!!

I made a brisket a couple of weeks ago...it was mostly fat and the meat we did get off of it was not very flavorful. *sigh* Should have just ordered some from a REAL BBQ place. Next time, I'll know better!

I don't know why, but I love it that you are a Texan living in NY - so cool!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you,
I'm from Japan.
Glad to meet you.

Indeed I am sorry,Please link to this site.
Keep it up please.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Bariatric said...

Weight-loss treatments and obesity surgeries and procedures in State-of-art Hospitals and clinics are designed to reduce illness and death caused by obesity. For many, weight loss improves multiple conditions including high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and coronary artery disease.

Also visit http://www.placidway.com/package-search/,Obesity/Bariatric%20Surgery/search.htmlTherapy

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Phone Sex said...

You have made awesome, really good I am impressed by this stuff. I am impressed by this blog post.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home