Monday, December 10, 2007

Fickle

Hoo boy, what a difference in feeling about a weight I have on the way down rather than on the way up. This morning I was 179, and it fluttered just briefly on 178.5 before settling there. I'm going to the gym tonight to do my couch to 5K run, the last workout of Week 3 (I'm scared of Week 4, which is a huge jump in actual running time), so maybe tomorrow the 178.5 will stick.

I was thinking this morning about these weights and how, back when I was still trying to lose and weighed 15 pounds less than I am now and was mad because I wasn't losing more, that 179 would have been anathema to me, and now here I am happy to see it.

In general, I'm trying not to think about where I was when I decided I was going to stop trying to lose weight. And I'm trying not to think too much about how far I have to go to get to where I want to be. Just one day at a time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

While you're trying not to think about where you've been and where you're going, remember that we're right there with you.

6:34 AM  
Blogger LME said...

It sure does make things easier knowing y'all are around, Debbi.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home