Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Survived

I managed to negotiate the office lunch, wine and cheese party, and big holiday party without going completely nuts and diving headfirst into the chocolate fountain or drinking my weight in red wine.

So woohoo.

I'd also lost enough so that my dress was much more comforatable than it was when I bought it. It fit when I bought it, but it fit. I like a little wiggle room.

Am I the only woman on the planet who can't wear high heels, just as a by the by? I had bought some to wear with my dress, not super high--they had sort of a blocky platform heel, 3 1/2 inches I think--and after clomping up and down the hall in the apartment a few times, I decided that I would be miserable if I had to wear them and in serious pain if I had to walk more than a block. I ran out and got some flats at the last minute and was so happy I did.

I always feel like I'm missing some essential female gene or something because I just can't tolerate any kind of a heel at all.

This morning the scale hovered on 177 and I really thought it was going to stick before settling on 177.5. I'm doing the first week 4 workout of Couch to 5K tonight, and it's a big learning curve, so maybe that scale will stick tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbi said...

In a word, no.

You are not the only woman who won't or can't wear heels. The highest ones I have are about an inch, maybe an inch and a half, and I can stand them only for a couple of hours, tops.

I've arranged my life so that every function I attend requires nothing dressier than good slacks and a blazer, with which I wear Clark's clogs.

Hmmmm. That was more than a word, wasn't it? Heh.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home